1. Whilst I absolutely love spying on property sites for houses in the area, finding that the flat next to you is absolutely beautiful, pet friendly and well within budget only to then notice that it’s already had a deposit put down on it is a bit of a kick in the teeth.
2. My love affair with a cappella is still going strong. This Mario medley is genuinely delightful.
3. Although judging by my boss’s response on Twitter to my putting my a cappella playlist on at work, he wasn’t too much of a fan of it…
4. I have a vague plan for the future to start travelling more. The biggest hindrance I can find to this is that I hate making travel plans. It took me four months to book flights and tickets for the work conference we’re going to in March because I hate it so much. I let Garry decide where and when we’re going to Rome. Love travelling, hate planning.
5. Something I learnt this week: if something on the bus smells like feet and someone near you at work smells like feet it’s not a massive coincidence. You do in fact smell like feet.
6. I also had the most irate tube driver ever this week. I loved it. At one stop the intercom crackled and he snapped “Yeah, well, if you didn’t jump on the train when the doors were closing you wouldn’t get your bag caught, would you?”. Tube driver hissy fits make my day.
7. As part of my resolution to give up only drink on Saturdays cut down on fizzy drinks, I’ve started drinking lots of squash. My favourite is peach. However, it does have the unfortunate side effect of making you look like you’re carrying a bottle of wee around with you.
8. It’s been a good week for films — I watched The Help on Wednesday and The Silver Linings Playbook today. I loved them both, but I have big swollen eyes from crying at both.
9. Can someone buy me one of these, please? We’re not supposed to have pets but if someone buys it for me then I can’t really say no, can I…
10. Charmed has come onto Netflix. This is very bad for all other forms of culture. The 14 year old inside me is rejoicing.
How was your week?
Love, Amy xxx