1. Garry came home from work last Sunday bearing gifts. Despite all the negative reviews, the new Bridget Jones book is very good. I laughed out loud in several places, I cried, I read the whole thing very, very quickly. It’s excellent.
2. Another thing that’s been making me cry this week is IBS. I’ve been too nauseous to eat (which is when you KNOW there’s something wrong with me) and kept awake by horrible stabbing pains under my ribs and in the pit of my stomach. Bleh. And peppermint tea SUCKS.
3. However, at least I was able to deliver my peppermint tea via this beautiful teapot, which I found in a charity shop last week. I also found a gorgeous Thornton’s toffee pot, which is currently holding all of the chocolate in our house. I’ll take photos of that next week.
4. In more cheerful news, I found this randomly on Buzzfeed this week. It made me cry with laughter. I know online Sherlock fans have gone a bit batty in the wait for season three, but I don’t mind as long as they keep making bizarre, brilliant things like this. Every time I look at it I laugh more. John’s face! Sherlock’s chest hair!
5. Second favourite thing on the internet this week was “Breakfast: A Manifesto“
6. Because I work from home on the dining table, I tend to eat lunch on the sofa to give myself a mental separation from work. Usually it’s fine, but eating a jacket potato with beans this week was a bit of a nightmare. I managed to get beans in my hair, on my jumper, down my top, on the sofa and in my lap. Very few actually made it to my mouth.
7. It’s been a while since I posted a Bertie pic, and this is a good’un. He lay for a good ten minutes like this whilst I Skyped my parents on Friday. Idiot dog.
8. Weigh-in on Wednesday. Lost another 1.5lbs. That’s 12lbs in three weeks. If I lose another 2lbs this week, I’ll get my stone award! The week started well with lots of fruit and vegetables, and it seemed like that award was going to be mine…
9. But then I went and made Chuffins – a cross between a churro and a doughnut – filled with either salted caramel or dark chocolate ganache, and although I tried my very hardest I couldn’t help but taste a few of the offcuts and a sliver or two of the sauce….
10. Which I then brought to Ashley‘s lovely boyfriend’s birthday party, where there were homemade sausage rolls Doritos to dip into her amazinh cheese dip. Unf. Don’t think that 2lb is going to happen.
How was your week?
Love, Amy xxx