1. It’s been one hell of a week this week. I’ll go into more detail in this post, but for now that’s totally enough. Just the hell-ness of the week itself deserves a point here.
2. Two new girls started aikido on Monday. I thought this meant we’d get a nice easy lesson, but no. I was dying by the end — I had to hide in a toilet cubicle and pant to get my breath back. This was my face. You don’t have dignity and poise when you do aikido.
3. On the plus side I was chosen to do a demonstration for the first time, so I’m clearly getting better!
4. I went to the cricket pitch in Nottingham on Wednesday for a training worky thing. It was a rather beautiful place to spend a day, and I met lots of interesting people which is good. Plus there were amazing goat cheese and caramelised onions for lunch.
5. The journey was a nightmare though. On the way there I was so tired I tried to go UP the down escalators. On the way back the trains were all delayed or cancelled entirely, and a very unhelpful station manager meant I actually missed my train. I left the house that day at 6:30am and got back at 9:15pm. Exhausted wasn’t the word.
6. Have you been watching Africa? If not, you really should. Honestly. Go watch this episode, purely for the bit at the end where David Attenborough squeaks repeatedly at a baby rhino. It’s so, so lovely.
7. After my post on pancakes, my work colleague Andy suggested I get some of these as they are apparently amazing. My birthday is coming up, y’know…
8. Although actually, if you want to buy me a birthday present you should get me one of the cookbooks at the top of this page. Or a HD video camera so that I can actually film these bloody video tutorials I want to do for this blog. Or a puppy.
9. I really want a puppy.
10. I had to have an eye test on Friday where they put drops in my eyes to relax everything. I do not like those drops. I couldn’t look at anything properly for a week.
11. My mum is the best mum in the world. I have proof — she sent my Welsh Cakes in the post to cheer me up.
12. The films I’ve seen this week are Wreck-It-Ralph and I Give It A Year. Both are really good. Although I wouldn’t go see the latter with anyone you’re not really comfortable with, as it is VERY rude.
How was your week?
Love, Amy xx