1. This week’s rather early Sunday Summary is brought to you by “OH MY GOD HOW COME I AM SO TIRED IN THE AFTERNOONS I FEEL SICK/KEEP FALLING ASLEEP AT MY DESK BUT THEN I WAKE UP AT 7.30AM ON WEEKENDS?!”
2. New favourite joke, via Becky – Ancient Roman walks into a bar and asks for a martinus. Bartender: “You mean a martini?” Roman: “Look, if I want a double I’ll ask for it”.
3. My new sewing machine arrived on Monday. It is one of the ugliest things I’ve ever seen, but I couldn’t find it more beautiful. My old, crappy machine used to clack like crazy when I used it. This practically purrs. I love it. It also has buttonhole feet and a detachable bit where you can store things and all sorts of wonderful and serious sew-y things. This is the first thing I made with it — a belt. I’m trying a skirt next. Gulp.
4. After filming the poached eggs vlog with Ashley last week, I found myself craving one for lunch. Following her advice I sprinkled them with some crushed black pepper and a little Maldon sea salt. Pretty sure that eating it was the closest I’ll ever come to a religious experience. It was GOOD.
5. Public service announcement: The gender-neutral term for a niece/nephew is nibling. As in, “my sister in pregnant, I can’t wait to have a nibling”. You’re welcome.
6. I spent Thursday morning at a Dr. Oetker workshop with Edd Kimber, aka the winner of series one of The Great British Bake Off! He was very nice and I learnt a lot, so there’ll be a few posts/videos coming up on some of the tricks and tips I learnt.
7. Plus, it’s always fun to hang out with Ashley.
8. My lovely friend Holly wrote a post on Snapchat. It contains the paragraph “It’s played a key part in my blossoming friendship with Amy, who recently made me burst out laughing with a picture of her and her boyfriend wearing polystyrene packaging on their heads. She also sent a video of herself dancing when I got a new job”. Yup. That’s what kind of friend I am. If I love you, I’ll send you videos of me dancing.
9. Yesterday I went to Comic Con! For those of you who don’t know it’s a big geek extravaganza — lots of people in costumes and whatnot. I saw people dressed as Bane, Ash from Pokémon, Dany from Game of Thrones, Link from Zelda, huge foam Predator costumes, Batman, Harley Quinn and the Joker, Jack Sparrow, Ghostbusters, Jedis and an entire family dressed as Harry Potter characters.
10. But I was more excited about the TARDIS on Earl’s Court Road. Ahem.
How was your week?
Love, Amy xxx