1. Well, I’ve been back blogging for a week and so far it’s all going swimmingly. Hurrah!
2. Well, sort of swimmingly. I made banoffee bread on Tuesday and ended up catching my arm on the oven shelf as I was taking it out. I’ve got a bright red nasty little burn on my wrist which, next to a scar I got from the letterbox at my parents’ at Christmas (don’t ask how, because I honestly don’t know) and a scar from Bertie’s claws when he was still a puppy, make my right arm look like I’ve been in a knife fight. But apart from that, s’all good.
3. Ashley and I went to the Spirt of Summer fair at the Olympia last weekend. It was good fun and there were lots of interesting, yummy things I’ll hopefully be blogging about soon. I brought my camera thinking I’d take lots of lovely photos, but it actually ended up being used for this in the pub afterwards.
4. I am on some new medication which has the rather unfortunate side effect of making me extremely nauseous to the point of not being able to eat because I feel like I’ve got a lump in my throat. The only things I can eat that don’t make me feel sick are potatoes, bread and beans. Expect a lot of carbohydrate based recipes in the near future.
5. Like that banoffee bread I mentioned. Isn’t banana bread just the BEST idea? It’s a cake that it’s acceptable to eat for breakfast. Breakfast cake. Marvellous.
6. Let me put my geek hat on for a second — anyone else watch the xBox One announcement and not give a single damn? It’s going to…let me watch TV/films and listen to music. Woo. I have a Smart TV for most of my entertainment, I just want a decent console! I suppose it doesn’t help that I don’t like sport games or Call of Duty…
7. Continuing with my geek hat, these came this week and I am SO EXCITED!
8. I went to a dinner party on Wednesday for Laura, one of my favourite people in the world (even though I only met her last month)’s birthday. I made chocolate meringues and one of the women there said that they were the best meringues they’d ever eaten. Not going to lie, I beamed a little bit at that.
9. And on Thursday I went to Holly’s for a sewing lesson. Together we accidentally made a teeny tiny wizard’s hat, and I am inordinately proud of it.
10. Are you near London? Are you a woman? You should totally come to this on Thursday. I’m going!
How has your week been?
Love, Amy xx