1. Last week, Garry and I went to the London Sea Life Aquarium. As some of you may know I have a phobia of fish so this was an interesting choice, but it was actually really fun. And I met this handsome fella.
3. I think I’ve been watching the Olympics almost non-stop this week. I work from home most of the time so I’ve just propped Garry’s iPad up behind my laptop and indulged in it. It’s a bit bloody impressive, isn’t it? My favourite events are the horsey events, but watching Ennis yesterday was absolutely awe-inspiring. It’s amazing what the human body can do. And it’s clearly not just us mere mortals who are so impressed.
4. Not that this particular human body can do that, mind, because I’m spending most of my time that’s not working lying in bed eating crap whilst watching it. Nothing like picking biscuit crumbs out of your top whilst watching people at the peak of physical fitness breaking world records. Humph.
5. Halfway through the week, someone lovely I met online sent me an Amazon gift voucher so that I could buy myself books. She said it was to congratulate me on my graduation. How lovely is that? My Kindle has been taking a bashing this week, mainly with Jilly Cooper novels. They are my literary equivalent of drawing a big blanket round my shoulders and drinking hot chocolate.
6. I’ve had really bad headaches all week. I’m fairly sure it’s because a) I spend so much time staring at screens and b) my glasses aren’t actually the correct prescription any more. When I go back home I’m going to have to get my eyes tested and possibly get some new glasses. The only bright side of this is that I’ll be able to get some that don’t give me a monobrow like my current ones do.
7. The mayor of my adopted city got stuck on a zip wire in Victoria Park this week. Did you hear about this story? I swear, Boris Johnson is either a blithering idiot or an evil, public-feeling manipulating genius. Personally I’m sure it’s the latter, and he’s going to rule the world one day.
8. I discovered Spotify this week, and have been making playlists of music to cheer me along when I’m dragging. Film music, Disney music, pure cheese, it’s all been on there. I have truly awful taste in music and I don’t even care.
9. Meal planning is way, way easier when you’re hungry. I planned this morning and came up with loads of recipe ideas. I ate lunch and now I just don’t give a crap what I eat ever again because I’m so full.
10. I threw this out on Facebook and got no response, so I thought I should probably ask here — if I started doing video tutorials on how to chop onions, make omelettes, bake cakes etc…would you like it? Any particular video you’d like me to do?
Did you guys have a good week?
Love, Amy x