1. Every fork in our house has gone missing. I have no idea where they’ve gone. Garry and I have managed to get hold of the two forks we brought with us and we’re hiding them in case they go missing too. Very strange.
2 My lovely German housemates have been especially lovely this week. It was Max’s birthday on Wednesday so we had a little party and I made him a cake. Yay!
3. I’m typing this in the run-up to the Olympic Closing Ceremony. Quite unsure as to what I’m going to do with my life now that it’s over. 90% of my thoughts and actions over the past couple of weeks have been Olympic centered. I’m just not ready to let that go.
4. And now I want to take up thirty bazillion new sports. Judo? Yep! Swimming? I can do that. Horse riding? SIGN ME UP.
5. Now we’re most of the way through the Olympic Closing Ceremony. Not great, is it? Although Boris dancing to the Spice Girls is one of the most fun things I’ve ever seen in my life.
6. I had an Incident on the bus this week. I got on wearing a knee length dress and looking perfectly respectable — I’d just been to a work meeting. I ended up being stared at two very scary 20-something men who openly stared at me with a hostile look in their eyes. I was on my own and genuinely quite scared. Kids — don’t stare at people on the bus. It’s horrible.
7. I also tried to make chilli sauce this week and completely failed. I’ve now tried to use the chillis I’ve grown from seeds three times, and every time it’s gone wrong. Anyone got a good sweet chilli sauce recipe?
8. One day this week, I didn’t eat anything until 3pm. Then I was so hungry I ate 5 Morrison’s cookies and two enormous ham and cheese baps. Immediately felt incredibly sick. I don’t recommend.
9. Garry got his hair cut yesterday. Doesn’t it look nice?