1. As you’re reading this, I’m in my new flat. YAY. I can’t show you photos yet for two reasons — firstly, I’m actually writing this on Friday. Secondly, I won’t be able to upload anything for a while.
2. I won’t be able to upload anything for a while because the BT people aren’t coming to put internet in the new place until the 6th September. That’s A WEEK AND A HALF. Considering I spend half of my free time online and I work online from home, this is going to be a struggle. Thankfully I have a dongle (snigger), but my data allowance is going to be used up doing work. Sorry, loves. There will be few recipes and posts for a few weeks.
3. But until I can get my own photos up, here’s one from when the flat was listed on the internet. This is what my new kitchen is going to look like!
5. Today, I gave my car back. For those of you who didn’t know, I had a little Fiat 500 Pop. I’ve had it since March 2009, and we’ve been through a lot together. University, trips to Wales, endless midnight Tesco runs….and now it’s over. Bye bye, little car. You’ve been wonderful.
6. This week, I’ve done a lot of packing. I thought I’d done all the packing I needed to when I first moved to London, but I’d forgotten I had a crap-tonne of stuff at home that also needs to be moved down. Ugh. I hate packing so much, I might refuse to move again. This is it. I’m just going to live in a one-bed Wood Green flat forever now.
7. Packing has been made considerably easier by re-watching Green Wing on Netflix. Do you like Green Wing? I adore it. I’m in love with most of the characters. I want to give Martin and Caroline a big cuddle. And I can’t decide whether Mac or Guy has the best hair. Feel free to weigh in with your comments at the bottom.
8. It’s also been made considerably more enjoyable, if not easier, by Bertie climbing in my lap every ten minutes. Not sure how I’m going to cope without a puppy after tomorrow. Which, as you’re reading this, is today. It’s very confusing.
9. These are the cookbooks I packed from home. I have three more already in London. I have a problem.