1. Monday, I spent my entire day working in Hyde Park. As always I got there ridiculously early (I can’t figure out transport times in London) so I got to wander round the park. It was quite atmospheric, me wandering round with my massive red hair in a knee length formal black coat, all misty and lovely. Plus there were lots of cute birds.
2. I also got to have lunch in the Serpentine restaurant, which overlooks that lake. I had the most AMAZING cauliflower soup, but I also stole a few chips off my colleagues and they were probably the nicest chips I’ve ever eaten. The fishfinger sandwiches looked gorgeous, too. I always thought fishfinger sandwiches were for kids, but they’re doing some damn decent adult versions now.
3. Remember my gorgeous, adorable, lovely Dalmatian puppy, Bertie, who I had to leave with my parents when I came to London? Well, he doesn’t like being left alone, as this photo shows. He destroyed almost every cushion in the living room. Minnie, our chocolate lab, was lying on the floor covered in feathers when my dad came home.
4. And later in the week he got the last one, too. And he does not give a solitary damn about it.
5. Talking of my parents….as I slave away down here in London trying to eat veggie because it’s cheaper, my mum is going to a fantastic local butchers she just discovered and buying all this for £50! How is that fair? Why wait until after I leave to start getting all the yummy meat? I’ve made her promise to save me some lamb for when I come back, though.
6. Do you watch Merlin? I do, and I love it. I wrote a review of it for the TV site I edit and you can have a read, if you like.
7. A Tastecard arrived for my landlady, who lives in Australia. It would be bad if I stole it and pretended to be her, right?
8. I’m getting bored of my hair. It’s big and it’s long and it’s messy and I just want to do something to it. Several people are trying to convince me to go for a pixie cut, but I’m too chicken. I have a big fat face, it needs covering up! Mind you, I know exactly what pixie cut I’d get if I were going to get it done. I’m mildly obsessed with this haircut, and I think it’d look good in ginger.
9. I have a normal Kindle. I really, really want a Kindle Paperwhite. Is that bad of me? I know the answer is yes, I just want confirmation, really.
10. This week, I bought my first two Christmas presents and made a Christmas spreadsheet. Therefore I am the coolest.
How was your week?
Love, Amy xxx