I know. Fruit as my favourite dessert. What have I become? I think it’s because the raw ingredients are so beautiful.
And the finished thing is so beautiful.
And it’s a flavour explosion when you get it in your mouth.
If you need help cutting a mango, this tutorial has pretty good step-by-step instructions. Or you can just buy pre-prepared mango fingers and cut them into chunks. No judgement here.
- Four large handfuls of strawberries (about a punnet)
- Two mangos
- A large handful of fresh mint leaves
- Tequila (Optional)
- Hull the strawberries and cut them in half before cutting the mango flesh into chunks. Put in a bowl
- Finely chop the mint leaves and sprinkle over the fruit with a tablespoon or two of sugar. Mix well using your hands and put in the fridge until ready to serve
- Before serving, slosh some tequila over the fruit