A few months ago, I shared this video from Kimberley Wilson and Dr Oetker on how to make triple chocolate and ginger hot cross buns.
Today, I’ve got another one for you:
How good does that look?!
I know a huge amount of my readers are interested in lower fat and lower sugar desserts because a lot of you are looking for ways to eat healthily whilst still eating deliciously. This looks right up our street, no?
If you’re on Slimming World this would be excellently low-syn, too. Enjoy! And thanks Dr. Oetker for sending it over.
Once again, I’m not paid to put this up and I’m not receiving anything in return – I just think you’d like to know about it.
Zesty Lemon and Summer Fruits Roulade
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
3 large eggs
100g caster sugar
100g plain flour
1 sachet of Dr. Oetker Baking Powder
½ teaspoon of Dr. Oetker Sicilian Lemon Natural Extract
300g fat free Greek yogurt
100g lemon curd
120g strawberries, chopped
Dr. Oetker Wafer Butterflies
- Heat oven to 200C. Grease and line a swiss roll tin with baking paper (37cm x 26cm)
- Whisk the eggs and sugar at high speed until pale and fluffy (about 4-6 minutes)
- Sift in the flour, Dr. Oetker baking powder and Dr. Oetker lemon extract and fold in until fully incorporated. Pour into the prepared tin and gently smooth the surface with a spatula
- Pour the mixture into a swiss roll tin (37cm x 26cm x 1cm) and bake in the centre of the oven for 10-12 minutes until golden. While it’s baking prepare a sheet of baking paper, (a few inches larger than the baking sponge) by sprinkling it with 1tbsp of caster sugar
- Tip the cooked cake out onto the prepared paper and peel away the paper it was baked on. Along one long side, make a shallow cut 1cm from the edge and use this to start the roll. Roll up the still warm cake, with the paper. Place it seal side down and allow to cool completely
- In a medium bowl stir the yogurt to loosen. Add the lemon curd and stir gently to ripple through
- Unroll the cake and spread with the yogurt mix, leaving a 2cm edge all round
- Sprinkle over the fruit then re-roll loosely so as not to squeeze out all the filling. Turn seam side down, cover with cling film and place in the fridge for an hour to set
- Decorate with sifted icing sugar, more fruit and Wafer Dr. Oetker Wafer Butterflies and serve.