This is one of those lovely, lovely recipes I make where it’s super quick easy but tastes delicious.
The chicken in this takes about 25 minutes start to finish. You can then serve it with whatever you like — I went for chips, roasted carrots and steamed broccoli. It was a very good call.
I love the combination of chilli and chicken. Chicken carries spice and heat so very well. This chilli sauce is tomatoey and wonderfully rich — it has the sweetness of red onion, the tang of balsamic and that wonderful chilli heat. I’m drooling just thinking of it.
I used a Knorr chilli Flavour Pot to make this. I recommend it, but if you’re not keen then just add a diced chilli to the onions and garlic.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 chilli Knorr flavour pot
- Balsamic vinegar
- 1 x 400g can of tomatoes
- Preheat the oven to 200C
- Slash the chicken breasts deeply across the fleshy part. Place on a baking tray, slash-side down. Bake in the hot oven for ten minutes
- Whilst the chicken is baking, gently fry the onion and garlic until the onion is translucent. Add the flavour pot and stir until melted, coating the onion and garlic. Then pour in the tomatoes and a strong glug of balsamic vinegar. Season well. Half fill the empty tomato can with water, swill and pour into the tomatoes. Simmer gently
- Turn the chicken over and bake for ten minutes more
- Spoon the sauce over the chicken and bake for five minutes more. Serve with vegetables