I have a weird relationship with stews. If someone gives me a stew I’m liable to eat it and not enjoy a single bite. If I get in a stew mood and either make myself a stew or ask someone else to make it, it’s the most delicious thing in the world.
Saturday, I was in a real stew mood. And this is the result.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 125g of button mushrooms, halved
- 1 large red onion
- 250ml of chicken stock
- 140g peas
- A pinch of parsley
- Cut the chicken into chunks and brown in a hot pan
- Remove the chicken chunks and fry the mushrooms to soften them. Then add the diced onion and cook until they're translucent
- Add the stock to the pan along with the chicken chunks. Simmer, covered, for 15 minutes
- Add the peas and cook for two minutes more
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with some chopped parsley